Thursday, April 17, 2014

Celicia Travels: London


Ah. Fond memories of London. We generally go on these adventures with close friends of ours - thankfully we have a group of us who just love to travel. The first stop of our European tour was to London. Since we were only stopping over for a day before our next intra-Europe destination, we traveled from Heathrow to Gatwick and stayed at a hotel closeby. We then took the train into London - what an adventure that was! We did everything touristy, headed to one of the open food markets to gorge ourselves further, walked along River Thames, and ended the day at Fox & Anchor. No visit to London would be complete without true British-style fish and chips - and it did not disappoint. I oddly found myself at home in London and with the British people, because I really do love all things British - from the queen and the royal family, the union jack, high tea, topshop, allsaints spitalfields to pimm's and lemonade to fish n chips. I daresay I could even find myself living here. I'm told food in Britain is getting better, and that Indian food in Britain is amazing. We'll have to make a beeline for that the next time around.

For traveling on foot to explore the city, I packed light but wore layers. Splendid Gray T-Shirt, Mike & Chris Olive Green Hoodie, J.Crew Ultra-knit un-sweatpants in Carbon Gray, Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals and my Longchamp bag in Aubergine. Marc Jacobs aviators in white, and on the wrists Timex for J.Crew vintage military watch and a J.Crew black leather studded wrap bracelet completed the look. But hands down my favorite piece are the un-sweatpants. Comfortable AND stylish. Sadly J.Crew doesn't make these anymore.

Timex® for J.Crew military watch























No comments:

Post a Comment