Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Favorite Spring 2014 Polishes

Yes. This post is all about nails. I am obsessed with nail polish. I really am. I covet and collect nail polishes like people do bags and shoes (though I do that too). I have polishes that I wear only in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter - they change by season.

When it started to get warm - in Boston that means inching to 40 degrees Fahrenheit - in my mind I was already shelving my OPI Lincoln Park After Darks and Dior Nuits and Chanel Rouge Noirs. Once it starts to turn the slightest bit warm us Bostonians jump the gun - we get pedicures, we bring out the flipflops, we start to wear shorts and bravely wear skirts without tights.

The three polishes currently in rotation are Dior's Trafalgar (a bright red), Tenoverten for J.Crew's Hudson (a bright coral orange), and Essie's Flirty Fuchsia (a neon pink). These just scream CHEERY to me. My other classic go to's are Essie's Clambake (a bright red) and Essie's Bazooka (a bright orange red) - both almost gel-like formulas that go on like a dream, as well as Dior's newest colors, Bouquet (Peachy Pink) and Bloom (bright fuchsia). Dior makes my favorite polish - fantastic opaque formula and a great wide tapered brush that is a breeze to use.


dior riviera
dior trafalgar
dior bloom
dior bouquet

essie bazooka
essie clambake 

essie flirty fuchsia

I've also always loved J.Crew's pretty yet preppy aesthetic and tend to always have something J.Crew in my ensemble - it's affordable, can be easily styled for work or play, and wears well. I've closely followed their collaborations with other well respected proprietors and have purchased Sperry Topsider for J.Crew boots, Lulu Frost for J.Crew jewelry and Essie for J.Crew nail polish as well as Face Stockholm for J.Crew nail polish and lip products. I had never heard of Tenoverten - even though I spent a fair time living in New York City, because I working long hours in finance I never really had time to primp or tend to a real beauty routine. J.Crew has an uncanny ability to highlight some really fantastic brands and do collaborations with them and the colors are always lovely and bright. When I spotted the collaboration with Tenoverten, I was curious and decided to read up on the brand. Names of polishes after streets in NYC? Awesome. Out of all of the colors I loved Hudson the most, and picked up on a recent trip to the store. Of course the sales associate and I not only cooed over the color being our favorite but our mutual staple - the Stella & Dot renegade bracelet!


tenoverten for j.crew in hudson







No comments:

Post a Comment