Wednesday, April 16, 2014

On Mountain Style

Thought I'd give it up and let you know what I dig for my decks and soft gear:

I have ridden several boards, starting out with the Burton Troop 146, then progressing to a shorter board, the Burton Feelgood 140. For deep powder I bought a longer and stiffer board, the Burton Feelgood ES in 145. At the end of the day the long and stiff board is totally not my thing as I preferred to overpower my board. My final board - and favorite board - is the Rome Lo-Fi in 140. Buttery, flexible, and non directional, which means I can use it in either direction, goofy or regular, and can be easily used in the park and all-mountain alike. Love. This. Board.


Current bindings are the Burton Escapades in Teal/Zebra. I love colorful and feisty they are.

For a long time I had Burton snowboard boots, and in the last year they became ill-fitting, making some of my toes numb. I've since purchased the Nike Vapen BOAs, but haven't yet ridden them - am excited to test them out next year.


For the softgear, while I have several my favorites are my Oakley for Gretchen Blieler Mane 2.0 Jacket. My brother got it for me for Christmas several years ago. He has such good taste! It's a perfect mixture of tough yet girly. 


I also have an insanely loud pair of neon pink DC snowboard pants. I think it's entirely necessary to show off your on mountain style.


I mostly layer thin layers of lululemon long-sleeved shirts and leggings, Burton socks, a fleece bandanna to block the wind, and my Burton Veda gloves (they're leather and need to continually be treated with wax - I don't spend much time touching snow so they work great). Neff makes some pretty rad fleece bandannas. 


Lastly, I never wear a beanie on mountain - that's reserved strictly for off mountain activities - apres ski! I only wear my helmet on mountain. I love my Bern Helmet. It's low profile and stylish. The Bern Muse is pretty bad ass. You can even outfit these with speakers!


No comments:

Post a Comment