Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Here's to the Snow

With Winter slowly ebbing away to reveal Spring and its April showers and eventual May flowers, I can't help but think back to the most recent snowboarding season. With nearly record levels of snow this past season I'm still incredulous that I hadn't been able to get out to ride the gnar more. When my husband introduced me to snowboarding several years ago when we first started dating (alas he took me to a snowboarding movie on our first date...probably not that romantic, but I still dug him for some reason), I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. But I loved it. It was exhilarating and exciting. We used to travel around the world chasing snow. My NYC roomie Vincy - I met her through mutual friends and not surprisingly, through a snowboarding trip where we proceeded to hit it off completely. I like to call it love at first sight for me, because it really was. We would travel locally, to Killington, Stratton, Sunday River, Loon, Mount Snow and Jay Peak; we'd fly to Vancouver just to revel in all of the powder and magnificence that Whistler and Blackcomb had to offer several times. British Columbia had some amazing mountains - from family friendly Big White to the highest skiiable vertical lift in Revelstoke, BC (where by the way we had the best chicken wings, EVER). We grabbed In n Out burgers on our way to Mammoth Lakes. We even rode the lovely mountains of Nagano in Japan, like Hakuba. I am thinking that we'll get Kasen on a snowboard sooner rather than later. It's not really selfish because while I want to be able to get back on the board, nothing would make me happier if he loved it too (and I am sure he will).

I admit that sometimes when I don my snowboarding gear I start to really let go. In a good way. You know, just have fun and not worry about too much.

Some of the best memories, were made on the mountain. Here's to some great seasons shredding pow with some fantastic, nothing short of amazing, life long friends on and off the mountain. You know who you are.























No comments:

Post a Comment