Monday, April 21, 2014

Celicia Travels: Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Pura Vida. The closest to nature you'll ever get. We experienced the longest travel to get to a destination ever - upon arriving in Costa Rica's capital, San Jose we proceeded to pile into a multi-passenger rental van in the middle of a torrential downpour. It would probably normally only take a 2 hours on normal roads, but Costa Rica's roads were horrendous. So it took us many times that to finally arrive in Tamarindo, Costa Rica.

We also happened to arrive in the middle of rainy season. The water was muddy but the climate was lush and green. Oh, and there animals. And bugs. LOTS of bugs. EVERYWHERE. One night we came home to a tarantula at the doorstep of our villa. And our villa's water system wasn't working. But who cares! Pura Vida!!!!

We tried our hand at surfing, zip-lining (which I found terrifying because I am afraid of heights), ATVing, snorkeling, and taking shots of bloody maries with turtle eggs. Sigh. Poor turtle eggs. There was also endless Patron Silver. I used to hate tequila and after Costa Rica I can drink Patron Silver like water. We became accustomed to having rice and beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But the best meal we've ever had was the fried snapper. Perfectly fried, and the meat of the snapper perfectly succulent, moist, firm. To this day my husband has tried to perfect it and we've only come a smidgen close.

Staples for Costa Rica? Lots of mosquito spray. Or just general bug spray. Water shoes. Because I knew things were going to get ruined in Costa Rica (it was humid all day and all night and my clothes always felt damp) I brought alot of simple and dispensable sundresses, t-shirts and shorts from Forever21, C&C California and H&M. My bikinis were from Vix and Diane von Furstenberg. My dressier items were from Susana Monaco, Vera Wang Lavender Label. I lived in Havaianas, my Nine West for New Balance orange and gray sneakers, and Sam Edelman Gigi gladiator sandals.





































No comments:

Post a Comment