Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sneakers for the People Who Hate Sneakers

I loathe sneakers. I'm a flats kind of girl, but not just any flats as I'm very selective about the flats I purchase. They have to be special. Like my Loeffler Randall Blaise or Valentino Rockstuds or Marc Jacobs gold studded mouse flats. That kind of special! I'll also do heels, but mostly during special occasions. It's not that I don't like heels - but it's that I'm always running around to pick up/drop off my 21 month old son, drive to the mall or to the grocery store, from meeting to meeting (given that I am in finance) - it's just not practical to wear heels. You would think that would automatically make me comfortable donning a pair of sneakers (trainers, the Brits would say). But I'm not. The last time I wore a pair of sneakers - well it's been a long time. I can probably count the times I wore sneakers on my hand. However, I finally caved in after disdainfully having my flats get slightly mucked up in the soft, squishy spring mud while at a playground. Not acceptable.

So, I embarked on a search for something that I would actually like and was stylish enough to appeal to my inner fashion discrimination. I really love the Golden Goose Francy in polka dot, and the hidden wedge would most indefinitely help my problem of being rather petite in terms of height, but at over $500 the price is just not nice (especially for a pair of sneakers. come on, it's sneakers.). It doesn't matter though, I still will sweat them. They were on Gilt Groupe a couple of weeks ago for a mere $250 and were snapped up quickly. I hadn't even heard of the brand before. I didn't even have a chance to put it in my shopping cart. *Sob*





In walks in the Converse All-Stars in polka dot, from DSW of all places. $55 a pair! My husband, who honestly is a fashionisto in his own right (he really is), has been wearing All-Stars since the beginning of time, so he informed me that $55 is actually expensive for a pair of All-Stars. Well, in my world that's a bargain. And even more so because I actually like them. Plus the grey laces I'm thinking are pretty badass.



No comments:

Post a Comment